Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We Are EnGaged!!

WOW! WOW! WOW! What a surprise! I had no idea for what was coming this past Saturday. Tommy and I have been looking at rings, but I honestly wasn't expecting anything this soon. I thought he was gonna make me wait it out, but I can't be happier that he poped the question.

Tommy and I every so often have a date night. I thought that this was gonna be one of those nights, so I got ready in a nice dress shirt, jeans and heels. He also looked handsome in a button down colored shirt and his suit jacket. What a stud! :) I knew that we were going to dinner, and looking back at our car ride there Tommy was pretty quite. We pulled up to the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, and I thought "WoW!", this place is beautiful. I knew that were were going to have a nice night. Tommy told me that we had made it there alittle early for our reservations so he suggested that we walk around for a bit. He wanted to go check out the pool area, so I followed. As we turned a corner, I couldn't quit make out what was up ahead. As we got closer I realized that the resort had Gondola rides. Tommy suggested that we take one and be more spontaneouse so I agreed. Ha ha, what would he have done if I really didn't wanna go? (Glad I did) The night air was amazing, as we got onto the boat right at sunset. Our boat guy sung this beautiful song to us, as we sat there listening in awh. Tommy held my hand throughout the boat ride and said the sweetest things I've every heard. He told me that things couldn't be more perfect except for one more thing, as he pulled out the ring, I immediatly began to cry. I couldn't belive what was happening. The moment could not have been more perfect. I said "YES" but I'm not sure he even heard me in between all my tears. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a big smooch!! When we got off the boat, there were others couples there that clapped and congratuated us. We had a delicouse dinner at the resort and listened to the live band.
Tommy put a lot of thought and effort into making that moment so memorable for the both of us. We are looking forward to returning to the same spot for our engagment photos.

No comments: